Thursday, April 8, 2010

..He Bangs!...He Bangs!...

"He walks like..he talks like..he talks like he walks...He Bangs! He Bangs!" jajaj...







WHO isn't talking about this these days? World famous singer Ricky Martin, formerly known as Enrique Martin Morales, has finally come out of the closet! I must preface this post by saying that I have nothing against gays.. I have a lot of gay friends and they're not too shabby! jaja This Puerto Rican pop singer was born on December 24, 1971...which means...that's right..he's almost 40 jaja! People have been speculating about his sexuality for years... and in all honesty..it isn't our business!...Barbara Walters asked him 10 yrs ago why he wouldn't answer any questions about it and he replied with "I just don't feel like it"... Well things have changed since then..but why now? I have a nudge that something that is happening in Mexico right now is what pushed him a little to get the courage to come out.

Mexico City recently passed gay marriage..soo the next topic of interest is the gay adoption issue. Should gays be allowed to adopt? That was the question posed upon Mexican ranchera singer Paquita la del Barrio about a month prior to Ricky's coming out. The answer was simple..."No". The ranchera singer, who mind you was born in 1947, said that it is only right to have a father and a mother but not a father & father or mother & mother. Furthermore, she rather see the kids stay in an orphanage. I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions..however..if I was a public figure as she is, I wouldn't be making such strong statements! There has been an uproar in the country about her response and everyone is reacting. Paquita (whom I adore.. her music is sung by all)..has even gotten ill over the stressful pickle she got herself into.













OK so all of that is going on and then all of a sudden Ricky comes out with a Bang! jaja I told you he Bangs..he Bangs! In part of his statements he said "I am the father of tow beautiful boys that are so full of light and who with their outlook teach me new things every day. To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids were born with". wow I think he pretty much told her indirectly! jaja. So you tell me....you think he was somewhat moved by her statements to come out at the precise moment? I think so =P Also, Paquita has since retracted her comments and claims she is "old school" and "ignorant"..etc. Despite all of her comments... which I don't totally agree with...I will still sing along to her rancheras for years to come because it's just her opinion.

As for Ricky....dude..when are you coming out with another cd?! Who doesn't love to shake their bom bom to his beats? I would pay anything to shake mine front row at one of his concerts. Gay or not..he is still a pop legend and a very talented artist. Nobody can take that away from him. I hope you enjoyed my 2 cents on this topic...... until then... I'm off to Live la Vida Loca!...

1 comment: